STICKY CHICKEN WINGS RECIPE
Quick, simple and absolutely delicious. This recipe serves 4 as a starter or 2 as a main.
What you will need…
2kg free range chicken wings
1tsp fine sea salt
50ml vegetable oil
The Sticky Sauce
120ml light soy sauce,
140ml red wine vinegar
200g runny honey
Pinch of chilli flakes
2 star anise
4 spring onions
1 bunch coriander
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
1. Preheat your oven to 220°C
2. Coat the chicken wings with vegetable oil & fine sea salt & place into a roasting tray. Make sure the tray is big enough so that the wings are evenly spread out. This ensures you will get a crispy wing at the end (which is vital!)
3. Roast for 15 minutes until browned & crispy.
4. Turn your oven down to 140°C and continue to cook for 45 minutes. This will help to make the meat tender and fall off the bone.
5. While the wings are cooking add all the sauce ingredients to a large saucepan. Put on a medium heat and reduce down by half of the original volume.
6. For the garnish thinly slice the spring onions and pick the coriander leaves.
7. When the wings have finished cooking add them to the sticky sauce and use a spoon to coat all the chicken wings in the sauce.
8. Place the wings in a large bowl and pour over any remaining sauce. Garnish with some sesame seeds, spring onions and coriander.